Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Week of Goodbyes

So... yeah. This week has been filled with laughter, tears, some tears from laughter, and some laughter to hide tears. Pretty much this week has just been an emotional roller coaster. It started off with my mom going back home on Tuesday, which is sad, but I'll be seeing her in less than two months so it was a fairly okay goodbye.

That night we had our final group dinner with the Goldberg's over at Outback. Our waiter had to hate us. They usually do when we're all together, but it makes it all the more fun. It was a lovely dinner, but it was very bittersweet.

Here was our final group photo (minus Albino Lars who was sitting alert at Moses Lake)


P.S. I love how our group is so short that it makes my 6'3" look like a giant

Anyway, the hardest part about this week came this morning. My biffie has officially left Spokane. I knew it would be hard, but let's just say it was worse than I expected. We were able to say our final goodbye ( "See you later" but it didn't really hit until they pulled out of my driveway. Avoiding going further into this topic since I really don't want to cry... again... let's just say, Spokane will no longer be the same. It was more than the "Oh she's one of my best friends at Fairchild," nope, she has become one of the best friends in my life and I know that there will be many Facebook messages, iChat dates, as well as plane tickets purchased, to keep that friendship strong.

I'm just super glad that Florida is right around the corner because I am totally ready for a break. On a good note, hubby's leave started this afternoon so I have him to myself for the next 3 weeks. Thank you, Air Force for approving this much needed time off. Hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Well you made me bawl. I love you dearly and I'm sorry we had to go, but you know it really isn't goodbye. We just have a longer commute for Chili's queso.

    Miss you tons already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I can only imagine. But I am so jealous they approved him 3 weeks. Lo. Have fun girl, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete