Thursday, March 3, 2011

Florida Here We Come

So ever since Andrew has been in the Air Force, he has always been deployed for his birthday. This year we are potentially fortunate enough to get to celebrate together so we're going to try to go all out as long as the AF will continue to cooperate. He technically has leave approved for 3 weeks in April, but we already had a scare today where they almost canceled it to send him on an early deployment.

So with fingers crossed, we are planning a big trip to Florida to spend a week with his parents at their condo then we want to fly up to Wisconsin and visit the rest of his family where they can meet Asher for the first time. It would be awesome if it actually works out because we've just been going and going nonstop since January and there have been so many stresses with Andrew's job. I, personally, think we deserve a break. What better way to get away than by going to the complete opposite side of the country. I wouldn't mind to get away from the cold either.

If everything works out like it's supposed to for now, my mom is coming to visit in less than two weeks. We'll go on our first real family vacation in April for Andrew's birthday. One of my biffies from Kentucky is coming to visit in May and we're going to see WICKED!!! Then, I'm packing up Asher and Socks to go stay in Kentucky for a couple of months while Andrew is deployed since this will be his first deployment that I'm not working. In June, my friends and I are going on a mini road trip to Gatlinburg, TN, and the following weekend will be the first Davis Family reunion (my mom's side of the family) that I even remember. Then, my last weekend in Kentucky will be the wedding of one of my best friends from college!!!! Asher is supposed to be the ring bearer (no pressure on mom or anything). He'll be 9 months old at that time so we'll keep our fingers crossed that he doesn't scream bloody murder or anything embarrassing. So anyway, things are about to get CRAZY around our household. Let's just hope the Air Force doesn't decide to butt in. I'm worn out just from typing this, but I can't wait. The journey begins March 15 :)

2 comments:

  1. I am super jealous that you get to go back home for a few months while Andrew is deployed! Chris is leaving in just a few days and I only wish I could go home..but I have to stay here and work and hold down the fort. But your future vacations sound like a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be the first out of his many deployments that I've gotten this opportunity. I figured it probably won't happen again, and I'd like for everyone to get to see Asher while he's still small. I'm just thankful that I have the chance. I hope everything works out like it's supposed to.

    ReplyDelete