Monday, July 11, 2011

A Summer Full of Sickness

SO.... I was actually going to attempt to do better with my blog, but that's not so easy when you're on "vacation". Well, let me tell you about this so-called vacation. We came to Kentucky for the summer while the hubby was deployed so that we could spend time with family and let them get to have some quality time with their grandson. Boy, has Kentucky been VERY unwelcoming. It's definitely not the people. I have missed all of the southern hospitality, but I have come to believe that Kentucky has THE worst climate when it comes to sickness.

I've lived in Spokane for almost 3 years and can count on one hand the number of times I have been sick (minus pregnancy). We were back in Kentucky for maybe a week before we started our round of hospital visits. Asher has been to Urgent Care, 2 different ER's (one of them twice). He has been on 3 rounds of antibiotics for ear infections, has been taking a decongestant/cough syrup, lots of baby tylenol, and has even had a steroid shot for an upper respiratory infection. When not at the hospital for Asher, I have been twice for myself. I had extremely bad knee pain in both legs (from Operation: Smokin' Hot which I do realize that I never told you about but might as well drop since it's been severely compromised) where it hurt to even move. I then found out that I had osteoarthritis in both knees, which you don't normally get until you're over 50. I also had to go back because something I shrugged off as a cold got worse and finally had it checked out. It was a bad sinus infection, ear infection, and most likely bronchitis. Impressive, I know. So after spending close to 20 hours in waiting rooms, 6 trips to Walgreens for prescriptions, and many sleepless nights with a sick infant, I'm done. I'm so ready to be back in MY house, with MY bed, and at that point MY HUSBAND! I've been so tempted to change my flight and go back home early, but Asher is in a wedding in August that I've committed to and I'm not going to back out now.

I miss home. I miss my friends. In general, I just miss my life there. It's funny how when I'm there, I miss everything about back home, but there's just something about leaving a life for a couple of months that you've spent almost 3 year setting up for yourself. It's hard to going from your own schedule to living with your parents again. Being 25 and asking to borrow the car is a hard pill to swallow. Oh well, I'll be back home soon enough, but Spokane friends, know that you are missed. A lot.

This isn't meant to be a "Negative Nelly" post, but this is just an update on our life. Less than a month, and I'll be back home with my husband and my house. Is it August yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment