Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kid at Heart

So today I took Asher to the zoo. We went to a mini one when we visited Tacoma, but the Nashville Zoo has a lot more animals to see. I'm pretty sure I was way more excited about this trip than he was. I was oo-ing and ah-ing over all the cute little antics of the meerkats, laughing at the fact that the zebras and elephants refused to show us anything but their butts, and enjoying the majesty of the white tiger. All the while, my son sat there in his stroller, chewed on his fingers, and tried to stay awake.

I didn't really expect him to be in to the animals, but we used it more as a trip to get out of the house and do something different. One of my besties tagged along as well as my mom and aunt so it was a fun time.

Melissa and I went in halvesies on an "Artic Rush Grabber" which was a souvenir cup that you could refill all day with icees. It was AMAZING. We kept chugging them left and right just so we could keep filling it up with a different flavor. Cherry was still the best, but the orange dream was a VERY close 2nd.

I seriously just felt like a big kid all day. It's good to know that even with being a mom, I can still have my young immature moments. Over all... a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment